- Difficulty 1
- Prep Time 25 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Serves 10 to 12
This restaurant-style app is easy to whip up and hits hard with the nostalgia factor. Gooey and delicious, our modern take on OG spinach artichoke dip — kicked up with hoppy India pale ale — wins the award for best classic appetizer done right. Simply mix and bake, then scoop generous dollops onto your favourite crackers or chips for a seriously yummy snack.
- 1 250 g package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) India pale ale
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (about 60 g), divided
- 1 500 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed to remove excess liquid
- 1 398 mL can artichoke hearts (see tips), drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- Bread, crackers, tortilla chips or sliced veggies
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. In a large bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, India pale ale and garlic until smooth.
- 3. Stir in 1/2 cup (125 mL) mozzarella, the spinach, artichoke hearts and salt until well combined. Scrape into a 2 L baking dish and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup (60 mL) mozzarella.
- 4. Bake in preheated oven until bubbly and just beginning to turn golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve immediately with bread, crackers, tortilla chips or sliced veggies.
- Make sure to use artichoke hearts that have been packed in water, not marinated, for this recipe.
- This dip is fabulous served warm, but it still tastes delicious when it’s cold or at room temperature.
- Got some left over? Reheat and spoon a dollop onto your favourite sizzling steak.