- Difficulty 1
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time None
- Serves 4
The only thing standing between you and this punchy, garlicky guac is finding the ripest avocados possible (see tips). With just a few simple ingredients, this dip comes together in 10 minutes and is the perfect pal for crunchy tortilla chips, nachos or your go-to grilled burger. And it might be even tastier with the rest of that bottle of lime-flavoured beer that’s up for grabs.
- 450 g ripe avocados (4 or 5 small), peeled and pitted
- 1 large clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1-1/2 tbsp (22.5 mL) lime-flavoured beer
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine avocados, garlic, lime juice, lime-flavoured beer, salt and cumin. Using a fork or masher, mash until desired consistency. Serve immediately. Guacamole can also be served chilled; press plastic wrap directly onto surface of dip to keep it from turning brown and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Are your avocados rock-hard and not ready for their closeup? Set them on top of a bunch of bananas in your fruit bowl and they’ll ripen up in no time.
- This recipe is easy to multiply if you want more. Just taste it at the end and adjust the seasoning to your liking, adding more lime, salt, beer or cumin as needed to balance the flavours.