- Difficulty 2
- Prep Time 15 min
- Cook Time 20 min
- Serves 4-6
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are easy to try out if you’re not grilling them properly. A simple beer based marinade can create a large safe buffer around looming dryness. Beer marinades can be packed with flavor and greatly compliment grilled chicken. For this recipe we recommend a medium-bodied, flavorful, American style lager.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
For the Marinade
- 2 cups (480 mL) – lager beer
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) – olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (40 mL) – apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) – pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) – oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) – thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) – salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) – marjoram
- 1 tsp (5 mL) – coriander
- 1 tsp (5 mL) – fresh or ground garlic
For the Quesadillas
- 2 diced Roma tomatoes
- 1 diced green pepper
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 cup (240 mL) – corn kernels, (from fresh grilled corn is best)
- 2 cups (480 mL) – shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (240 mL) – crumbled blue cheese
- 6 tortilla shells
- 1. Combine the chicken and the marinade in a resealable freezer bag, marinate in the refrigerator for 1-4 hours.
- 2. Preheat your grill on MEDIUM, season the cooking grids to prevent sticking, use the peak side to grill chicken breasts and get those perfect sear marks. Grill the chicken breasts directly for 15-20 minutes or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F. Flip every 4-5 minutes in the 10 o’clock and 2 o’clock position to achieve the perfect sear marks.
- 3. Remove and let stand, once cooled chop the chicken into small cubes or thin slices. Reduce grill to MEDIUM-LOW heat.
For Each Quesadilla
- 1. Place a tortilla on your cutting board and sprinkle some of the cheese onto the tortilla. Top with a sprinkle of each topping and the grilled chicken, finish with more cheese and another tortilla. Cheese on top and on the bottom inside helps the quesadilla stick together better.
- 2. Place directly on the cooking grids, grill for 5 minutes. Open the lid and flip with a large spatula and grill for another 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, cut into 4-6 pieces to serve. Enjoy!
Brought to you by