Our Delivery Policy
- On your scheduled delivery day(s), we commit to a consistent delivery time between 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. for morning, afternoon, and evening deliveries respectively.
- Deliveries that aren’t on a scheduled delivery will be scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- If you want to request a specific delivery day, please note that we won’t deliver during lunch or dinner time if our delivery will get in the way of your operations (i.e. if the beer needs to be brought in through a busy kitchen or The Beer Store delivery crew comes into view of customers).
- Lunch or dinner time restrictions cannot be honoured for deliveries on secondary days (the second day each week that The Beer Store completes deliveries), off-days or for late deliveries.
Time restrictions are available for scheduled delivery days only. (For example, you may ask that we not deliver during lunch or dinner time on an ongoing basis.) A delivery window may be requested for any delivery. This is a period of time where we can deliver products on a one-off basis at a specific time.
To ensure a safe working environment for our crews, as well as your employee and customers, here are some safety guidelines to follow:
- There should be sufficient room to place the new products directly on the floor or riser. If using a handcart, there should be sufficient room to maneuver the products into the acceptance area.
- Keep the area free of parked vehicles or other obstacles that block access.
- Maintain ruts, potholes, broken or loose asphalt, concrete or other flooring material at a safe level.
- Ensure snow and garbage is cleared.
- Eliminate slippery conditions such as ice, grease and pooling of water.
- Ensure lighting levels are sufficient to enable staff to see obstacles and potentially unsafe conditions (doors and lights should be in safe working order).
- Ensure shelving and wall-mounted items are secure and piled goods are stabilized.
- On-site slides or conveyors must be in safe working order.
- Extra precautions for stairs ensuring:
- Secure handrails.
- Replacement of broken, loose, and/or slanting steps.
- Removal of garbage or other obstacles on the stair.
- Appropriate application of anti-skid surfaces to eliminate slippery conditions, such as water, ice and grease especially for on-site ramped areas.
Winter Conditions: Removal or sanding/salting of ice and snow at your delivery entrance is kindly requested prior to the arrival of delivery truck crews so that The Beer Store may continue servicing you without interruption or accident.
Summer Conditions: During the summer period, delivery crews are expected to check on each other to help spot the symptoms of heat stress and drink fluids regularly.