Why shop at The Beer Store?
Whether you enjoy the same trusted brands week after week or you love to explore new and exciting brews, you’ll always find something delicious with us. The Beer Store has 800+ varieties to choose from, after all, and you won’t find the iconic 2-4 anywhere else. Not only are 24-packs and cases convenient, but you can save an average of $9 with every purchase!* And if selection and savings aren’t enough to convince you, we’re deeply embedded in Canadian pop culture, thanks to our cameo in the 1983 film Strange Brew. So why shop with anyone else, eh?
Where can I find the closest Beer Store location?
You don’t have to look too far — we have 440 stores across Ontario. Find the one closest to your neighbourhood with our handy online store locator. And speaking of online, our virtual store is only a few clicks away on your desktop or via the Beer Store app (available for Android and iOS devices).
When does beer go on sale?
All the time! So what’s the best way to get more bang for your buck? Visit your local store often to see what’s on offer. Or peek at our dedicated online catalogue of sale items, and then check your local store’s inventory online or through the Beer Store app to make sure what you want is in stock. And remember, buying 24-packs or cases can keep about $9 in your wallet every time.
How do I shop for beer online?
We’ve revamped our virtual retail store, and now Ontario’s best online destination for beer is thebeerstore.ca. Set up your account and you’re ready to browse and shop our 800+ beer varieties, wherever you are.
Here’s how we’ve made sure your path to purchase is easy:
- From your desktop or smartphone, sign in (or create an account if you’re new here).
- Select pickup or delivery.
- Browse for brews and fill up your cart.
- Pay via credit card and voilà! Beer in a snap.
Browse. Shop. Sip. That’s our motto, and it really is that simple.
The other good news is that we don’t make thirsty customers wait around: Select locations offer same-day pickup or delivery windows. And, because we know life happens, we have a no-stress, no-fee cancellation policy. Our customer service agents are always ready to help, too. Just give them a buzz at 1-888-948-2337.
Is beer delivery and pickup available 24 hours a day?
While you can order beer in the wee hours via our online store or the Beer Store app, pickup and home delivery fall within store hours. (Sorry, night owls.) But this doesn’t always mean 9-to-5; many of our stores are open late to serve you. Plus, we’re open seven days a week, with the exception of a few holidays. Because opening and closing times vary slightly by location, check out the online store locator page to quickly confirm regular and holiday business hours at your nearest Beer Store.
What should I know about picking up my beer order?
You choose your pickup location when you order on our website. New designated pickup locations are being added all the time; check the store locator page to find the one nearest you. As part of our commitment to social responsibility, we require that the same person who ordered the beer comes to pick it up. Make sure to bring a valid government-issued photo I.D. and the same credit card you used to pay online for verification. If something comes up and you can’t get to the store in time for your chosen pickup window, don’t sweat it; we’ll just put the beer back on ice and cancel your order — your card won’t be charged.
How does The Beer Store home delivery work?
Our delivery service is fast, easy and friendly — all we need is an address and a phone number. The same person who ordered must accept the order at the door, with their valid I.D. and credit card handy for verification. We can’t leave beer on your doorstep, but if you miss us for any reason, we’ll just cancel the order and your card won’t be charged.
There is a nominal delivery charge, which varies by location. Check delivery areas to see if your home falls within our zone, and if not, check back often! We’re continually adding new delivery locations to serve our customers.
What if my order is wrong?
Mistakes don’t happen too often, but when they do, we fix them. Call our customer service line at 1-888-948-2337 and we’ll resolve the mix-up as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Can I browse beer selections in stores?
Of course! There’s always something waiting to be discovered on our shelves, from tried-and-true faves to a huge selection of Ontario craft beers to imports from more than 200 brewers around the globe. Plus, if you take a few minutes to browse, you’ll catch all the latest local offers and sales. If you’re not sure about what to buy, don’t hesitate to tap into (get it?) the expertise of our knowledgeable employees. We love beer as much as you do — maybe more — so we’re glad to talk shop with curious customers.
How do I shop for beer on a budget?
Enjoying beer doesn’t have to break the bank. You can buy single cans and try new brands for just a few bucks. With dozens of great-tasting value brands to choose from, you’re sure to find a favourite that gives you more for less. Or click on our sale page for more options. Just make sure your chosen brew is in stock at your local store by checking the inventory on our website or app. And remember to bring back your empties! There’s no better way to offset your purchase total with every shop.
How do I shop for a crowd?**
Here are a few ways to gather a collection of brews that appeals to everyone.
- Grab a variety of single cans so guests can pick and choose to their hearts’ content.
- Lagers, with their milder flavour and refreshing finish, appeal to just about everyone.
- Seasonal beers are often infused with tasty spices and fruits, and they’re only available for a limited time. They can be fun for the discoverers in your group.
- Stout lovers are a loyal bunch, and chances are there’s one or two in every crowd, so add some to your cart.
- Kegs make it easy! We have 70 brands from a wide range of brewers ready for pickup (sorry, no home delivery). Simply order online or through our app. You can pick up your keg at one of The Beer Store’s Distribution Centres — we have them in Brampton, London, Ottawa, Whitby, Stoney Creek and Sudbury, as well as at our Bathurst and Dupont store in Toronto. You can also place a keg order at your local store, but availability depends on what’s in stock and what we can ship to the store in time for your desired pickup date. Try to place your order about four weeks ahead to make sure you get what you want.
- Take advantage of home delivery to stock up without the effort. And don’t miss our party planning checklist for more ideas, from food to entertainment to decor. And, of course, beer.
* Savings calculated based on the price differential of a 4 x 6 pack compared with a 24-pack of the same brand/variety for 30 most popular 24-packs (by hL volume) sold at The Beer Store. Savings calculations are subject to vary over time and could increase or decrease based on temporary sale pricing. Ask Beer Store staff for details.
** Safety is our top concern. If COVID-19 or any other gathering restrictions are in effect, please follow public health guidelines and best practices. Wash your hands, wear a mask and save party planning for later.