We are one of the few retailers in North America that takes back all the packaging we sell. Bottles, cans, kegs, cardboard packaging, bottle caps, plastic rings, you name it – if we sell it – we take it back. We also accept all empty containers under the Ontario Deposit Return Program, these include all alcoholic beverage containers sold in Ontario. In this section, you’ll find some handy tips on sorting and returning your empties to make your trip quick and easy.
Save Time Returning. Before heading out to return your empties, sort them at home.
When possible, bring back all containers in their original packaging, or in a reusable tote/bin or a sturdy cardboard box. Please make sure all returns and packaging are free of contamination, chemicals, garbage, debris, non-returnable containers and other material.
- Loose containers may be placed into the black totes provided in store.
- Please ensure containers are separated by container type and colour. When placing items into black totes provided, please keep all bottle necks / tops facing up and bottoms of bottles flat against bottom of tote.
- Please don’t overfill the totes. If you need more, our staff will be happy to supply additional totes or cardboard knockdowns.
- Sort all like colours together, for example, group together clear with clear bottles, brown with brown and green with green.
Wine & Spirits:
- Like beer bottles, please group like colours together.
- Count your cans! Knowing how many you have before arriving at the store will save you lots of time.
- When possible, bring cans back in their original packaging, or reusable bins, bags or totes. We also accept cans in clear plastic bags.
- Keep cans separated from all other materials and ensure clear plastic bags are free of debris and contamination.
- You may also transfer loose cans into the black totes provided in store.
- Please keep plastic bottles separate from other materials.
All Other Material:
- Place loose material into black totes provided in store.
One Cart At A Time, Please.
To avoid line-ups, return your empties at off-peak times and make more frequent trips. Please note, we only accept a “Single Cart” worth of empties for each transaction. Whatever items can safely fit on a single cart or be carried in one trip can be returned and cashed out. When complete with your transaction, please return the cart
You can repeat this process as many times as you would like.
Bulk Empty Returns* / Bottle Drives:
While every effort is made to serve all customer in an efficient manner, it is advised that customers, with large volume empty returns should contact their local Beer Store or logistics warehouse in advance to discuss and schedule a safe and efficient return.
Thank you for doing your part!