You can either pay The Beer Store directly or can make payments at your financial institution.
If you’re a customer in good standing:
- Present a cheque to the driver once your delivery has been received
- Present a cheque or cash at a SERVICE ON TAP Direct, Retail, or Express location on the day of delivery
- Credit Card *NEW* through Versapay
(view user payment guide here)
Payments at a financial institution:
- Pre-Authorized Debit: We’ll draw the payment from your account 7 days after delivery
- PC/Telephone banking*: Licensees send the payment to The Beer Store electronically by the 4th day after delivery
- Teller*: Licensees present the remittance stub and payment to the teller at their financial institution by the day after delivery
* Please check with your financial institution to determine when payments need to be sent to ensure the transaction goes through the same day.
Comparison of Payment Options
Funds Clear Licensee Account
|Pre-Authorized Debit||7 Days After Delivery||1-866-460-2337||7 Days after Delivery|
|PC/Telephone Banking||4 Days After Delivery||1-866-460-2337||4 Days after Delivery|
|Teller||Day After Delivery||
|Dependent on bank processing|
|Cheque||Cheque on Delivery||
|Dependent on bank processing|
|Time of Ordering||
In the case of multiple acceptance areas, to enable proper posting of payments we will issue separate invoices for each acceptance area and must receive a separate payment for each invoice. Failure to make separate payments will result in posting errors and may cause the licensee’s account to become past due. For similar reasons, licensees with multiple acceptance areas cannot pay at a Beer Store location. For PC / Telephone Banking set-up The Beer Store as a Payee and use the 12-digit “EFT NUMBER” listed at the top of invoice as the account number. Do not use the “ACCOUNT NO” on the invoice – it won’t be recognized by the financial institution.
Other than Pre-Authorized Debit where The Beer Store is responsible for initiating the payment, if licensees do not send payment on or before the applicable due date, The Beer Store will suspend further sales until the payment is received. At the discretion of The Beer Store, multiple past due incidents or incidents of payment not clearing at the licensee’s bank will cause licensees to lose their good standing with The Beer Store.
Customers not in good standing **:
If you wish to continue making direct payments:
- Present a certified cheque or cash at a SERVICE ON TAP Direct, Retail, or Express location prior to their order close time.
To make payments at a financial institution:
- PC / Telephone banking 2 business days before their order close time. We’ll provide you with the 12-digit number to be used as your account number when setting up The Beer Store as a payee.
** If The Beer Store doesn’t receive payment prior to the order close time, the order will be cancelled.
As a result of our new flexible payment options, The Beer Store is taking this opportunity to safeguard our drivers by discontinuing the practice of accepting “cash” as a form of payment at the time of delivery.