By submitting an entry, you agree that the entry complies with all conditions stated in these Contest rules (the “Rules”). The Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and each of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) will bear no legal liability, express or implied, regarding the use of your entry (or any component thereof) by the Contest Sponsor and the Releasees shall be indemnified and held harmless by you in the event it is subsequently discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules. Your submitted story must never have been used for any other contest entry. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Contest Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that his/her entry (which for certainty includes the submitted story):
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the storyteller as applicable) in and to the story submitted as part of the entry to enter the Contest;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever;is not defamatory, libelous, or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Photographs or images of individuals unless consent from those individuals has been obtained;
- Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of the Contest Sponsor;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, other than those of the Contest Sponsor; and
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE CONTINUING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. THEY MUST BE TRUE AT ALL TIMES DURING THE CONTEST, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER OR NOT YOUR ENTRY IS POSTED.
The Contest Sponsor will initially screen your story within 24 hours of the story being submitted, provided that any delay in screening the story shall not be a violation of these rules. Any submission that Contest Sponsor deems, in its sole direction, to violate your representations and warranties or any of the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules will not be posted. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the story or request an entrant to modify or edit his or her story in order to ensure that the entry complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. Failure to comply with such request in a timely manner may result (in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor) in immediate disqualification from the Contest.
Entries accepted for submission will be posted online at www.thebeerstore.ca, www.facebook.com/TheBeerStoreOfficial, and www.twitter.com/mybeerstore on or about September 20, 2012, and you will receive an email notification from the Contest Sponsor indicating that the entry has been posted.
THE POSTING OF YOUR ENTRY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE THAT YOUR ENTRY COMPLIES WITH THESE RULES, INCLUDING YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES LISTED ABOVE. YOUR ENTRY MAY BE REMOVED AT ANY TIME IN THE EVENT THAT THE CONTEST SPONSOR DETERMINES THAT YOUR ENTRY FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES, INCLUDING YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES LISTED ABOVE.
By entering the Contest and submitting an entry (which includes the submitted story), each entrant: (i) grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her entry, including the story, as applicable, (and all individual components thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her entry, including the submitted story, as applicable, in favour of the Contest Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.