Thank you to all who participated in The Beer Store's Summer
The winners are…
Grand Prize Winner:
Carol Gorlewski, Etobicoke
Secondary Prize Winners:
Marcus Belusic, London
Gautam Nath, Toronto
The Beer Store/Brewers Retail Inc. – Summer Recap Contest – CONTEST RULES
Contest Sponsor: The Beer Store/Brewers Retail Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”)
- This contest (the “Contest”) is open to residents of the Province of Ontario who are over the age of 19 at the time of entry, excluding employees of the Contest Sponsor, its affiliated companies, agents, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and all those with whom they are domiciled. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Entrants may be requested to provide proof of identification and eligibility, and selected entrants must provide proof of identification and eligibility. The contest entry period starts at 5:00:00 PM ET on August 29, 2012 and continues until 11:59:00PM ET on September 12, 2012 (the “Contest Period”).
- No Purchase Necessary. To Enter: go online to www.thebeerstore.ca and click on the “Contests” button. You will then be directed to the electronic entry form. Fully complete the electronic entry form by supplying all information the form requires, including your name, email address, the ways you have experienced variety this summer (the “story”). There is a limit one entry per person. There is a limit of one entry per email address. Entries will be rejected if the entry form is not fully completed and submitted during the Contest Period. Entries that are in any way fraudulent, illegible, altered, mutilated or tampered with will be declared invalid. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and shall in no case be acknowledged upon receipt or returned to you.
- By submitting an entry, you agree that the entry complies with all conditions stated in these Contest rules (the “Rules”). The Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and each of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) will bear no legal liability, express or implied, regarding the use of your entry (or any component thereof) by the Contest Sponsor and the Releasees shall be indemnified and held harmless by you in the event it is subsequently discovered that you have departed from or not fully complied with any of these Rules. Your submitted story must never have been used for any other contest entry. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Rules and by the interpretation of these Rules by the Contest Sponsor, and further warrants and represents that his/her entry (which for certainty includes the submitted story):
- is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights (including, without limitation, consent of the storyteller as applicable) in and to the story submitted as part of the entry to enter the Contest;
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever;is not defamatory, libelous, or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Photographs or images of individuals unless consent from those individuals has been obtained;
- Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
- Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups;
- Content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behaviour or conduct;
- Personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or electronic);
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Rules;
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of the Contest Sponsor;
- Any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, other than those of the Contest Sponsor; and
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE CONTINUING REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES. THEY MUST BE TRUE AT ALL TIMES DURING THE CONTEST, IRRESPECTIVE OF WHETHER OR NOT YOUR ENTRY IS POSTED.
The Contest Sponsor will initially screen your story within 24 hours of the story being submitted, provided that any delay in screening the story shall not be a violation of these rules. Any submission that Contest Sponsor deems, in its sole direction, to violate your representations and warranties or any of the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules will not be posted. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the story or request an entrant to modify or edit his or her story in order to ensure that the entry complies with these Rules, or for any other reason. Failure to comply with such request in a timely manner may result (in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor) in immediate disqualification from the Contest.
Entries accepted for submission will be posted online at www.thebeerstore.ca, www.facebook.com/TheBeerStoreOfficial, and www.twitter.com/mybeerstore on or about September 20, 2012, and you will receive an email notification from the Contest Sponsor indicating that the entry has been posted.
THE POSTING OF YOUR ENTRY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ACCEPTANCE THAT YOUR ENTRY COMPLIES WITH THESE RULES, INCLUDING YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES LISTED ABOVE. YOUR ENTRY MAY BE REMOVED AT ANY TIME IN THE EVENT THAT THE CONTEST SPONSOR DETERMINES THAT YOUR ENTRY FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THESE RULES, INCLUDING YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES LISTED ABOVE.
By entering the Contest and submitting an entry (which includes the submitted story), each entrant: (i) grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her entry, including the story, as applicable, (and all individual components thereof), in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her entry, including the submitted story, as applicable, in favour of the Contest Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Releasees from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
- ALL ENTRIES WILL BE JUDGED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR. A team of representatives from the Contest Sponsor will select the top 8 stories from all eligible entries received on September 14, 2012 at approximately 3:00 pm ET in Mississauga, Ontario. Entries will be judged and selected based on the quality of the story submitted. After the top 8 entries have been selected, three (3) random draws from the top 8 entries will be conducted by Contest Sponsor at approximately 6:00 pm ET on September 14, 2012, in Mississauga, Ontario. The first selected entrant is eligible to win the Grand Prize, and the remaining two selected entrants are eligible to win the remaining two Prizes (as set forth below). Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received.
- Selected entrants will be contacted by email at the email address indicated on his/her entry within three (3) business days. If a selected entrant does not respond to the Contest Sponsor’s email within three (3) business days of the email being received by the selected entrant (which, for certainty, shall be deemed to be the date and time stamped on such notification email) or if the selected entrant declines the Prize, or does not otherwise comply with these Rules in any way in Contest Sponsor’s sole discretion, another random draw will be conducted to select a replacement entrant in the same manner.
- PRIZING: There are three (3) prizes available to be won, consisting of one (1) $100 gift card for The Beer Store (“Grand Prize”), and two (2) $50 gift cards for The Beer Store. The gift cards are subject to standard terms and conditions as set forth on http://www.thebeerstore.ca/gift-cards/terms-conditions. Each Prize is provided “as is”, without any representations, warranties or conditions whatsoever, express or implied, and the Contest Sponsor expressly disclaims any and all such representations, warranties and conditions. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) any damage to or loss of the Prize that may occur as a result of or in the course of delivery of the Prize, or (ii) delivery of the Prize within a reasonable or specified time. If you are a selected entrant, you are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes related to the receipt of a Prize
- Prior to being declared a winner, the selected entrant will be required to correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a mutually convenient time to the selected entrant and the Contest Sponsor. The selected entrant must also execute and deliver to the Contest Sponsor a Declaration and Release of liability and publicity in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor within a specified period of time to be determined solely by the Contest Sponsor, failing which the selected entrant will forfeit all prizes for which they were selected to receive.
- If the identity of an on-line entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must include an active and valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest Sponsor’s server machine(s).
- The Contest Sponsor’s rulings are final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Prizes.
- By entering this Contest, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, city of residence, and their photograph included in any publicity carried out by the Contest Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, dealers and agents without further notice or compensation to entrant. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
- No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrants who will be notified by telephone.
- The Contest Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and the contest judges assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform to or satisfy the Rules or for failure of the website during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the Contest and at their sole option to award prizes based on entries received at the time of such cancellation. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind without prior notice or obligation.
- By entering this Contest, entrants hereby release and indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any liability, claim or damage arising from or in connection with this Contest or participation in any Contest related activities or, if declared a winner, any prizes, or any use or misuse of any personal information. ALL RELEASES AND INDEMNITIES GIVEN BY YOU HEREIN SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR THE AWARDING OF ANY PRIZE.
- This Contest will run in accordance with these Rules. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or these Rules for any reason at any time in its sole discretion and without further notice. Entrants must comply with these Rules and will be deemed to have received, understood and agreed to these Rules if they participate in the Contest.