Environmental responsibility. It’s one of our core values.
We don’t just talk about the importance of being environmentally responsible at The Beer Store, we actually do something about it – we’ve even made Environmental Leadership one of our core values.
Here are some of the ways we “walk the talk”:
- We take back all the bottles, cans, cartons, caps, kegs, plastic bags and can rings that we sell to consumers, as well as from the 16,700 bars and restaurants we sell our products to. In fact, we’re a global leader in this practice. All collected materials are either reused or recycled.
- We have an impressive recovery rate of 95% on the industry standard bottle. Ours is undoubtedly the most successful waste diversion program in Ontario, if not all of North America.
- Recycling industry standard bottles and inert glass containers helps reduce pressure on landfill space and significantly reduces pollution and green house gas (GHG) emissions.
- The Beer Store was Canada's first business recipient of the Environmental Choice Leadership Award.
- In 2007, The Beer Store entered into a landmark five-year contract with the Ontario government to take back and refund deposits on all wine, spirit and cooler containers sold in Ontario through the Ontario Deposit Return Program.
Click on the image below to check out our sustainability story.